On Saturday the 15th of February we left Adam and Rebecca at their home in Kamloops and drove back to Merritt to fix the dodgy Dodge. Luckily it had happened at the workshop; in fact it really couldn’t have been more convenient if we’d planned it, what with all the tools we would need right there! We had the Dodge fixed up in no time then returned to Ron and Shelly’s empty home. It was nice to just relax for the afternoon inside their nice warm house.
- Jordan and Allison brought amazing smelling cinnamon buns while we ate our sloppy sandwich at the on mountain cafe.
- I lost Will for half the day and worried he’d fallen into a tree well and couldn't get out.
- Jordan and Alison were awesome skiers that showed us some choice fresh pow runs off Juniper Ridge.
- Brad likes green runs but is actually a very tidy skier.
- Jordan ‘saved Wills life’ when he crashed and then landed hanging over a bank attached to a tree by only by one ski that he couldn't reach to unclip himself out of.
- Every single member of the Emond family is a fantastic cook.
- The hot tub is the best thing ever invented.
- I hate watching curling even when its the Winter Olympics.
- New Zealand still cant win any medals at the Winter Olympics.
- I had to hire boots on the last day as the ones I brought were so bad.
- The only day we didn't ski was the best ski day that week with fresh snow and blue skies :(
- I lost Will again so played in the terrain park.
- Going home for lunch resulted in nicer sandwiches thanks to Julie but getting going again was difficult.
- Girls are better than boys at board games.
- In New Zealand they are called ski fields but in Canada they are ski hills.
Adam and Rebecca with their daughter Freya came over for dinner that evening and together we had Salmon and salad. Turns out Adam was a pretty good cook as well. Over dinner Adam explained that Ron would be coming back from Hawaii a week early due to things going on at the business. He would be flying in the next morning and they asked if we could we pick him up from Kamloops airport. Will had done his fair share of chores while I relaxed so I offered to go to get Ron alone.
Rochelle & Will